Mercedes manager Toto Wolff has allayed fears Lewis Hamilton will be kicked out of this weekend’s British Grand Prix by proclaiming the FIA’s jewelry clampdown is “going to go absent.”

Hamilton’s hottest professional medical exemption to clear away his nose stud expired on Thursday, but he appeared for his press meeting at Silverstone with the item of jewellery nonetheless in area.

With Components One’s governing system keen to enforce the rule, there was a panic that Hamilton could be summoned by the stewards if he refused to consider the piercing – which he says simply cannot be simply eliminated – out for first apply on Friday.

Lewis Hamilton addresses the media at Silverstone on Thursday

Lewis Hamilton addresses the media at Silverstone on Thursday (PA)

But speaking to the PA news company, Wolff said: “We know there is a safety issue with motorists and Lewis understands that.

“The FIA has compromised so far. I be expecting the dialogue to continue and that there will not be any controversy this weekend. That is going to go absent.

“Then we go over marriage ceremony bands, nose piercings and the implications on drivers’ safety.”

Hamilton was afforded a two-race health-related exemption at the Miami Grand Prix on May possibly 8 – to the seventh spherical of the marketing campaign in Monaco on May 29.

A 2nd extension was then agreed, and Wolff’s comments would suggest a 3rd exemption will be granted forward of Hamilton’s home race.

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff does not expect any controversy this weekend

Mercedes crew principal Toto Wolff does not expect any controversy this weekend (David Davies/PA)

Talking on Thursday, Hamilton mentioned: “It is form of insane with all that is going on in the world, that this is the concentrate for people today.

“I would say it is stressing. We have so a great deal more substantial fish to fry. We want to focus on other vital parts.

“I will be racing this weekend and doing the job with the FIA. The make a difference is not massively vital so I will operate with [FIA president] Mohammed [ben Sulayem] and his crew to development ahead.”